Integrate digital work instructions and make your operators excel
This masterclass will be held in English
Why should you commit to digital work instructions?
- Support operators with additional internal knowledge. Technical staff are hard to find. And what if your most important 'walking database’ is about to retire? You can put everything into Word documents or PowerPoints, but these are rarely up to date and not workable on a factory floor. We will tell you how it can be done better.
- Don’t lose time on changeovers. Customers increasingly expect personalised products. This means smaller volumes and higher complexity because machines have to be adjusted more frequently. It also poses an increased security risk.
- Support your operators in their rapidly changing and expanding tasks by integrating digital tools that will help them to access relevant knowledge on the spot.
- Thanks to digital tools, you will also gain insight into how (in)efficient your work processes actually are. These tools could also reveal training needs among operators.
Jobs where errors or omissions are difficult to rule out, due to
• complex assembly operations
• tasks with a critical sequence of operations
• operations where tool setting parameters must be correct
• specific safety regulations or quality actions to be followed
• extensive options due to large product variety
• seasonal production capacity
• rotating staff
It is also an ideal training tool for new employees or an electronic instruction booklet on a mobile device during assembly or maintenance work in the field.
This hands-on masterclass lasts a full day, including lunch.
1. What is the best way to teach an employee a new task?
2. How to make a good instruction?
3. Experience the power of digital work instructions compared to paper instructions
4. Functionality of digital work instruction systems
5. Overview of the different systems
6. The hardware side of devices: PC, tablet, smartphone, smartglass, projection
7. Demonstration of some platforms
8. Assembly assistance through an augmented reality system (LightGuide)
9. Remote support tools
We ask participants to bring their own laptops, if possible, on which they can practice during the masterclass.
The participation fee for this masterclass is EUR 402 (ex. VAT) for companies based in Flanders, thanks to the support of VLAIO in the framework of the Industry Partnership. Participants from outside Flanders pay EUR 1.341 (ex. VAT)
Graaf Karel de Goedelaan 5