Successful innovation with smart products and the IoT
Smart products and the IoT can no longer be ignored by those who build physical products today: the technological possibilities and market opportunities are evolving rapidly. It is therefore important to make the change in good time, but before you start building you need to know which solution you want to use, what value it will have for your customer, the technology and expertise you will need and whether all of it is feasible. For many companies, this multitude of questions has a paralyzing effect.
Sirris and Imec aim to use this seminar to inform product builders how they can generate ideas for smart products more quickly. We also let two companies talk about how they approach their smart product innovations: Pattyn and Ethernetics. These inspiring business cases and, directly after this, an overview of the support that Sirris and Imec can offer will help you to successfully innovate with smart products and IoT.
Who is this intended for?
- Product builders who are deciding which smart solution to put on the market. It doesn’t matter whether these are established companies or start-ups, and it can involve either a completely new smart product or making an existing one smarter.
- Anyone in the company who leads the way in exploring new products: company managers, product/innovation managers, R&D managers, …
- Value in smart products
- Smart product innovation at Pattyn (packaging machines)
- Smart product innovation at Ethernetics (data centre sockets)
- Challenges in smart product exploration
- Your next step as a company
The workshop will be conducted in English
This webinar forms part of the COOCK project ‘Oriënteren en beslissen in slimme productexploratie’ (Orientation and decision-making in smart product exploration). You can find more information about this project on the project page.