Evolution of standardisation project on AM of metals - General qualification of operators
10 October 2022
The draft ISO/ASTM CD 52926-1 'Additive manufacturing of metals - Qualification principles - Part: General qualification of operators' has changed from status CD ('Committee Draft' - draft for enquiry, subject to members input) to DIS ('Draft International Standard' - draft for enquiry, subject to public input). This draft provides guidance for the qualification of professionals in additive manufacturing, in particular machine operators dealing with metallic parts production.
The document describes the following:
- Additive manufacturing process for metals
- Material groups for metallic feedstock
- Additive manufacturing machine
Qualification test certificate:
- Specification of the assessment principles
- Specification of items cited on the certificate
Validity of the qualification test certificate:
- Conditions of validity
- Re-qualification test
- Example of a 'Qualification test certificate of machine operators for metallic parts production'
If you require any further information, do not hesitate to contact our Additive Manufacturing team!