Fascinated by intellectual property (IP) and the interaction with innovation and business, I’m glad to give advice on all your questions related to IP rights and their use. Some examples: which knowledge can you protect, how to apply for IP rights, do I have a freedom-to-operate s, and what about enforcement IP rights? Moreover, you can contact me to set up an IP strategy or to pick my brain on the IP asset management, valuation of IP, licensing, technology transfers, and collaboration contracts. Always driven by your existing or to-be-established innovation and/or business strategy.
- Intellectual property (IP)
- IP strategy & IP asset management
- Legal aspects of IP (license in-out, technology transfer, collaboration agreements)
As a chemist with a great curiosity for new technologies, I started at the IP department of imec, where I built extensive experience in IP protection, IP intelligence and IP exploitation with a focus on license agreements and all types of collaboration agreements. Afterwards, I joined Lhoist as an IP advisor, protecting and defending the group’s inventions. And since 2022, I put my knowledge and expertise at the service of Sirris’ clients and partners.
- Various trainings related to Intellectual Property
- Mastering Innovation Management (Vlerick Business School, 2015)
- PhD Photochemistry and Spectroscopy, (KU Leuven, 1997)
- Master Chemistry, Physical Organic Chemistry (KU Leuven, 1992)
“If I had asked the public what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.“ – H. Ford, 1947
If you meet me anywhere, even in the smallest village in Europe, I am probably supporting my sons in the cycling race there.