Getting value from your products with IoT
If you say IoT and smart products, you immediately think of adding sensors, connectivity, apps and digital services to a product to realise new value-added solutions. This implies, besides an impact on the product, changes in terms of business and organisation. How do you deal with this multitude of new options and unknowns? How can you think of valuable ideas which will increase the chances of success of what you want to market?
Sirris has developed an approach to support product builders in identifying and validating a valuable business idea for a smart product. This approach builds on proven methods for digital products and takes into account the specific impact of IoT on physical products, more specifically:
- smart product scenarios, based on existing product examples, which provide relevant ideas for your product strategy,
- step-by-step validation of the 'market-fit' of the smart product idea, which focuses on the value that is created, how value is delivered to customers and how the value can be captured it for your business.
With this masterclass, we will give you a practical approach that will help you move towards a valuable business idea for your smart product. This approach focuses on product strategy and validation of 'market-fit'. The tips & tricks you will receive are sure to speed up and strengthen the development of a smart product idea in your company. Thanks to the many examples and the different perspectives of the participants, you will gain fresh insights.
The masterclass consists of an interactive half-day group session and an individual follow-up session:
- The interactive group session takes place on location. It will be preceded by a sandwich lunch and end with a short networking drink. The number of participants is restricted to 15. The language of this session is Dutch.
- The individual follow-up session is scheduled with you afterwards and takes place online (1.5 hours). We discuss your specific steps to apply the tips within your company.
Companies who build physical products and explore what kind of smart product they want to launch. In particular, companies just starting out with this or experiencing difficulties in doing so. The masterclass is aimed at people who have a leading or steering role at the company when it comes to defining new products, such as business leaders, product/innovation managers, R&D managers …
Group session programme
12:30 Welcome & sandwich lunch
13:00 Introduction & meeting the companies
13:30 Part 1 - Product strategy
- business drivers and smart product scenarios
- strategic fit, challenges and risks
14:30 Part 2 - Market-fit
- creating value: customer and value
- delivering value: solution and value chain
- capturing value: pricing strategy and revenues vs. costs
16:30 Networking drink
- Pieter Beyl, smart products advisor
- Nick Boucart, senior software engineering & ICT advisor
The participation fee for this masterclass (group session half-day + individual session) is EUR 375 (ex. VAT) for companies based in Flanders, thanks to the support of VLAIO in the framework of the Industry Partnership. Participants from outside Flanders pay EUR 1,245.
This masterclass is organised in the framework of ‘Industriepartnerschap’
The content of the masterclass was also created thanks to the COOCK-project “Orientation and decision making in smart product exploration”. More information about this project can be found on the project page.
Agoralaan, Gebouw A bis