Senior Engineer Metals
As a materials engineer in the fields of Additive Manufacturing and Corrosion, I help companies with selecting materials, analyzing their properties, root cause analysis of damages and deciding on optimal thermomechanical or surface treatments for their metals.
A personal passion of mine is the measurement and analysis of residual stresses, for which Sirris has unique equipment in-house. A second passion is corrosion management, with a special focus on corrosion monitoring and data driven corrosion management, especially relevant for Offshore Corrosion and Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI).
- Metals and their applications
- Corrosion Management
- Residual Stress measurement
- Collective research projects as a project engineer and/or project lead.
- International research projects focused on:
- Corrosion management and corrosion monitoring
- Developing corrosion models and corrosion management tools for offshore corrosion in the process industry (mainly Corrosion Under Insulation).
- Additive Manufacturing and post-processing of steel, including heat treatment
- Services to companies, including residual stress analysis (welds, gears, AM parts), root cause analysis of corrosion and advice on material selection and processing.
- Ph.D. in Material Engineering – KU Leuven
From the movie ‘Kingdom of Heaven’: “What man is a man who doesn’t try to make the world better?”
The passion for my work is already being transferred to my young children. Every evening after the bedtime story, they get to ask one more question. And more often than not, questions come up like ‘why does iron corrode’, ‘what material is this-or-that made of, ‘how is steel made’, etc. I love the challenge of explaining this to a 5-year-old.