International Meet & Peek – Energy transition in Nordics & Baltic Sea with focus on offshore wind and hydrogen developments
Why a fact-finding mission in Finland?
- Finland is part of the Nordic region, which is at the forefront of renewable energy development and has favorable natural conditions for offshore wind power, making it a key player in the energy transition. The country recently also announced the opening of a 3 GW offshore wind auction round.
- The country is working towards becoming electricity self-sufficient and decarbonized, with large-scale plans for offshore wind farms and the potential to produce significant amounts of the EU's emissions-free hydrogen.
- Get insights into the ambitious projects Finland is undertaking, the integration of green hydrogen, and the development of infrastructure to support this transition, all of which align with the EU's goals for energy security and decarbonization.
- It also provides opportunities to learn from Finland's approach to leveraging its geographic advantages, such as shallow offshore waters ideal for wind development, and its contribution to a transnational meshed offshore wind grid.
- Moreover, the event showcases Finland's role in the wider European energy market, including its participation in initiatives like the European Hydrogen Backbone, which aims to create a competitive hydrogen market through collaboration and infrastructure development.
What is an international Meet & Peek?
This initiative is designed to inspire companies of all maturity levels by showcasing the best practices and achievements of the leading businesses that we are visiting, making the feasibility of these practices tangible and achievable. We only have 20 spots available to join us, so don’t wait to enroll!
A visit to Vaasa Energy Week is included
The annual Vaasa Energy Week gathers energy enthusiasts from all over the world to share information, hear about the latest news and most interesting cases, extend their networks and do business. Energy Week focuses on renewable energies, smart energy, gas energy and energy storage. Topics of interest include digitalization, batteries and storage, circular economy, future smart cities, energy regulation, business and innovation.
Discover the Vaasa Energy Week
Participation for the full week is €500 for Flemish companies. thanks to the support of VLAIO Industrypartnership and Flanders Investment and Trade. Other companies pay €900.
This fee does not cover the following expenses: flight, hotels, meals (unless sponsored), public transport, and drinks (unless sponsored). Travel and hospitalization insurance is also not covered by the participation fee. Please note that you will have to book your flight and hotel yourself. We will provide flight suggestions so that we can take-off and leave in group, it also makes transport between locations easier. For the hotels, we will provide you with a group fee code after registration.
(The programme will be updated with additional meetings in the coming months)
Sunday March 10 – Travel Day
|Check-in at Brussels airport
|11:20 – 15:00
|Finnair Flight – Brussels to Helsinki
|15:30 - 18:30
|Bus from the airport to Pori
|Check-in at hotel Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna in Pori
|Dinner in Pori
Monday March 11 – Company visits in Pori
|Check-out at hotel in Pori
|Bus from Pori to Harjavalta
|Site visit to P2X Solutions (Harjavalta)
|Visit to Tahkoluoto Offshore Wind Park (Suomen Hyötytuuli)
|12:45 – 15:00
|Bus trip from Tahkoluoto to Vaasa
|15:00 – 17:00
|Exclusive visit to Hitachi Energy (Vaasa)
|17:30 - 18:30
|Check in to hotel Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna in Vaasa
|19:00 - 21:00
|Welcome Dinner in Vaasa with Dutch Delegation and Belgian Delegation
Tuesday March 12 – Wind Day @ Vaasa Energy Week
|10:00 - 17:00
|Stage program gives an overview of the future developments in Finland and the wider Nordic region. Focus on the seminars and the b2bs via the matchmaking tool.
|17:00 – 19:00
|Belgian Afterwork @ Restaurant Bank (sponsored by Flanders Investment & Trade)
|19:00 – 22:00
|Dinner and main networking event of the Vaasa week at Fontana Club
|22:00 - 08:00
|Overnight stay at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna in Vaasa
Wednesday March 13 - Storage and Hydrogen @ Vaasa Energy Week
|Check-out at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna in Vaasa
Seminar and matchmaking
|Lunch (location to be confirmed)
|Leave for Helsinki by bus
|Check-in at Scandic Grand Central Helsinki
|Dinner at Scandic Grand Central Helsinki (Free of charge for Agoria Technology Club members)
Thursday March 14 – Helsinki X
|B2B Meetings in Helsinki
|Lunch (location to be confirmed)
|Visit to Aker Arctic and their Ice Model Test Facility
|Cocktail hour in collaboration with Flanders in the Nordics and guests
|Dinner (location to be confirmed)
|Overnight stay at Scandic Grand Central Helsinki
Friday March 15 - Helsinki x Hosted by Business Finland
|08:00 – 08:30
|Check out at hotel
|Afternoon programme updated soon
|Trip to the airport by train
|Check-in for flight from Helsinki to Brussels (Finnair)
|Flight to Brussels
This event is part of the Industry Partnership, in which 17 Flemish innovation partners offer integrated services for stimulating growth and innovation in Flemish industry in the following three areas: Digitisation, Sustainability & Industry 4.0. This is led by Agoria and Sirris with support from the Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen.
This event is made possible with the help of Flanders Investment and Trade.
Pori & Vaasta & Helsinki