Integrate circularity in your product design
Introducing circularity into the design process of your product is not self-evident. The thinking patterns, methods and tools from the (still) dominant linear model are not always appropriate or optimal. Additional aspects and adjustments are required. The design of your product has a major impact on the entire life cycle and is an important lever to accomplish your circular ambitions.
This masterclass will provide you with insights, methods and tools that will enable you to introduce circularity throughout the design process. Making sensible choices early on in the design process for your product and related services, validating the choices that work in practice, estimating and taking into account the environmental impact from the start, linking your product and service to the intended revenue model and the ecosystem in which your product will function, ... these are the challenges you will learn to tackle. You will learn what adjustments are needed in the design process to make circular products and services a reality.
If it is clear to your organisation which product or product-service combination you want to market, but the design strategy or the validation of your design is not yet entirely clear, then this masterclass is definitely for you.
This masterclass will give you :
- Insight into how the design process influences the circularity of your product and which elements determine your design strategy.
- Methods and tools for estimating the circularity and environmental impact of your product throughout the design process.
- Insight into the creation and preservation of your product's value over its life cycle, and the revenue models that go with it.
- Insight and methods on how to make decisions that combine and optimise life cycle impact and economic value creation.
- Providing insight into how to manage and reduce the risks of circular innovation, e.g. market acceptance.
- Methods to validate your product at an early stage with the user.
- Insight into how to make your design process better suited to designing circular products
09h00 : Session 1 - Intro and focus on inputs for design strategy
10h15 : Break
10h30 : Session 2 - Assessing eco-impact in early phase of design process
11h45 : Lunch break
13h15 : Session 3 - Making choices based on all inputs
14h30 : Break
14h45 : Session 4 - Validating the product design
16h00 : End
What can you expect:
- Interactive guidance and direct access to the experts
- Inspiring practical examples from the manufacturing industry
- International expertise in circular product design
- Access to all templates and tools used in this session
- Recording of the masterclass for future reference
- A reading list (books and publications) on circular product & service design, with which you can delve further into the subject
- Access to a network of national and international experts
The language of this masterclass is Dutch.
- You and your company have a concrete circular product idea (product and/or service) that you want to design or that is in the design phase.
- The broad target group includes companies and organisations that have an impact on physical products: product designers and producers, service providers during the life cycle of products (maintenance, upgrade, repair, etc.), technology industry and manufacturing companies, etc.
- Participants: R&D managers, product managers, designers, C-level management involved in product and service design, product marketing managers...
Attention! The number participants in this masterclass is limited to 15.
Thanks to the support of Vlaio within the framework of the #industriepartnerschap (industry partnership) project, companies located in Flanders pay only € 370. The enrolment fee for this masterclass is € 1,230 for companies outside of Flanders.
Cancellations should be notified by email (email@example.com). Cancellations notified 3 working days before the masterclass are free of charge. In case of no-show or cancellation on the day itself, the full registration fee will be charged. Replacement by a colleague is always possible provided that this is notified in advance by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This masterclass is part of the Industry Partnership Industriepartnershap in which 17 Flemish innovation partners offer an integrated service to stimulate growth and innovation in the Flemish industry in the 3 following themes: Digitalisation, Sustainability & Industrie 4.0. They do this under the leadership of Agoria and Sirris and with the support of the Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen. .
Sirris, MRC Gent