Open Lab Day Practical Lab on Corrosion & Insulation
Within the Interreg project 'Practice Lab Corrosion & Insulation' CorrosionLABS demonstrates new innovations and provides industry with all the knowledge, experience and facilities needed for understanding and investigating corrosion phenomena.
Sirris combines laboratory tests with practical research from industry to help companies with questions about corrosion and corrosion prevention. You can find exactly what all this means during our Open Lab Day on the topic of corrosion.
In addition to presentations on corrosion research and the challenges we face in this area, we offer you the opportunity to visit our laboratory infrastructure and our experts will tell you about the current projects within Sirris. We also welcome providers of innovative test infrastructure and inspection techniques who will present their methodologies to you via a table-top expo.
12h30 - 13h30 : Reception with sandwich lunch
13h30 -15h00 : Presentations
- 'Het belang van praktijkonderzoek, testen en demonstreren van innovaties' (The importance of practical research, testing and demonstrating innovations) - Jeroen Tacq and Joey Bosmans, Sirris
- 'Hoe in-the-field opmeten van coating performantie leidt tot kostenreductie' (How in-the-field measurement of coating performance leads to cost reduction) - Tje Wei Hu, C-Cube
- Drones voor snellere en kostenefficiëntere inspectie (The use of drones for faster and more cost-efficient inspection) - TerraDrones
- Innovaties op het vlak van corrosie-inspectie (Innovations in corrosion inspection) - Dekra
- Condition monitoring van cladding; de basis van QA/QC rond CUI - Stork
15h30 - 16h30 : Parallel (2 groups) table-top expo with demos from industrial partners, and a visit to see the labs and the coating test infrastructure.
Demos of coating monitoring and inspection, hyperspectral cameras for coating inspection, etc.
16h30 : Closing reception and networking.
This combination of a technical day and an open-lab day is organised by Sirris as part of the Interreg project Corrosion & Insulation Practice Lab.
Sirris, Wetenschapspark 3