Digital or sustainable transformation? Choosing is losing!
During the past few years, many companies started to invest in digital technology to transform their business. Others transformed to make sure their products, services and businesses contribute to a more environmental or social sustainability. But only a few companies succeed in combining digital and sustainable transformations. Nevertheless, strategically embedding the processes of both digital and sustainable transformations in a company - also called twin transformation - pays off. According to research by Accenture, companies pursuing a twin transformation are 2.5 times more likely to be among tomorrow’s leaders. Next to economic benefits, advanced digital solutions can have a significant sustainable impact.
But it is often not straightforward for a company to decide where and how to start with a twin transformation. This event gives you more insight in the topic. You will learn where impact can be generated by means of an easy-to-use framework, how digital serves as an enabler for sustainability and how sustainability creates new digital business opportunities. The proposed methods, tools and best practices will be illustrated by inspiring company cases.
The working language is English.
13:00 'Twin Transformations? What and why', Ludwig De Locht - Sirris
13:10 'Digital for green', Floriane de Kerchove - Agoria
13:25 'Maximising the synergies and benefits of the digital and green transitions', Ilias Iakovodis - EC Adviser
13:55 How to create real impact
- 'Sustainable IT: for a digital transition that is more ethical, inclusive and environmentally friendly', Olivier Vergyenst - ISIT-BE
- 'Introduction to Science Based Targets and the Belgian Alliance for Climate Action (BACA)', Jonas Van Bockhaven - The Shift
- 'Science-based targets in action: Statik', Daphne De Wit & Pieter Jelle De Brue - Statik
15:05 Coffee break
- AI a silver bullet?, Pascal Bejstrup - The Grain
- Decarbonizing the internet starts today. How can you contribute and benefit, Jan Dezutter - Ethernetics
- Hannecard’s 'Rollers-as-as-Service (RAAS)' model made possible by the digital enabler 'CountRoll', Dirk Vidts - Hannecard
- Panel interview
16:40 Getting started, Sirris/Agoria
17:00 Network drink
50 euro / participant
A. Reyerslaan 80