From ambition to adoption: maximise the impact of your digital project
Key insights for everyone involved in the digital transformation of the organisation
You know that as a manager in an SME you really have to take steps towards digitisation, but things do not always go the way you would like:
- Discussions within management become difficult when digitisation issues arise
- You are worried that you do not have enough technical knowledge in-house to make clear, informed decisions.
- It is not always possible to maintain focus
- Users are hesitant to adopt it
- The final, lasting impact of a previous project was limited.
Take a smart approach. Success in digital transformation is not so much about technology as it is about clarity, organisation and communication. This masterclass provides insight into the definition, implementation and adoption of digital projects. Based on practical tips, concrete tools and striking examples, you will learn what makes a digital transformation successful.
Who is this intended for?
As a manager or entrepreneur, are you involved in the digital programme of your organisation? Or are you the responsible of a specific digitisation project? Then this masterclass is for you. You don't need any prior technological expertise.
What will you be learning?
The masterclass is interactive. There is always an ex-cathedra overview followed by an exercise or room for discussion with the other participants based on their own examples and experience. At the end of the day, you will go home with frameworks and best practices that centre real adoption and lasting impact.
The topics covered include:
- Linking the project to your company's strategy through clearly-formulated goals. Making your digital expectations explicit and monitoring them during implementation.
- Using concepts such as Return on Investment (ROI), roadmap, planning and budget in the right way. Organise for adoption, focus on getting a visible impact in the short term.
- Putting together effective teams with the right roles and the competencies they will need. Lower the barriers to collaboration between departments and organisations.
- As CEO, CFO, HR or IT manager, respecting the points of attention needed for digital success. Familiarise yourself with the most common concepts.
Who are the teachers?
- Carine Lucas, Senior Expert Digital and Isabel Michiels, Senior Expert Digital Innovation (Agoria)
- Peter Verhasselt, Senior Advisor Digital Product Management and Nick Boucart, Senior Advisor Software Engineering & ICT (Sirris)
The masterclass is based on the book ‘Van ambitie tot adoptie: Digitaal transformeren met impact’ (From ambition to adoption: Digital transformation with impact), written by two of the teachers. Each participant will receive a copy of this book.
This masterclass will take place on Tuesday 28 November (9:00-17:00), at Rodebol Events (Claerhout), Sint-Denijslaan 485, 9000 Ghent. This location is close to Gent-Sint-Pieters station and the E40 exit - Route plan - tip: use WAZE.
The working language of this event is Dutch.
Are you interested but this date does not suit you? The same masterclass is planned for 20 February 2024 in Leuven, Belgium. Click here for all information.
The participation fee per person, including coffee breaks and sandwich lunch, is only 425 euros (excl. VAT) for companies established in Flanders. This is thanks to support from VLAIO under the #industrypartnership. For others, the price is 1,219 euros.
This event forms part of the Industry Partnership, in which 17 Flemish innovation partners offer integrated services for stimulating growth and innovation in Flemish industry in the following three areas: Digitisation, Sustainability & Industry 4.0. This is led by Agoria and Sirris with support from the Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen.
Rodebol Events (Claerhout)