All your intellectual property questions answered at once?
As an entrepreneur, or a company developing new products, brands or technology innovations, you certainly have lots of questions about intellectual property, both from commercial or legal perspectives. With all these questions you obviously cannot turn to just one expert to have them all answered the right way. Grab this exceptional opportunity! At the Intellectual Property Consultancy Day on 20 June 2023, Sirris is gathering all the necessary IP expertise in one place for you.
Call on top-experts of all IP facets
Come to our Intellectual Property Consultancy Day or join us virtually on 20 June and have all your questions answered!
When registering for the Consultancy Day, you can select the most relevant experts you would like to talk to, live or online. You can register and briefly describe your question related to one or several individual sessions....
Who can you book an interview with? You can count on the presence of experts from the FPS Economy, Belgian Intellectual Property Office, the Benelux Office of Intellectual Property (BOIP), VLAIO, Osborne Clarke and Sirris and will have the chance to speak to them in person.
What questions can you ask at Sirris's IP Consultancy Day?
The IP domain is very extensive, as are the possible questions that can be asked about it. Below are some examples of questions, by expertise, which you could ask the experts at the Intellectual Property Consultancy Day:
- What is a patent?
- What requirements must an invention fulfil to be patented?
- What are the benefits of a patent?
- How high are the costs?
- What protection does a patent offer?
- How can I proceed to get my patent filed?
- How to find out whether someone else has already patented an invention?
- Are there third-party patents that can block me?
- Which databases can I use?
2. Trade names
- What is a trademark or model?
- Where is it registered and at what cost?
- What if I don't register my trade name?
- How to select the best trademark?
- How to apply for a trade name?
- A trademark is already in use, is this a problem?
- What is an i-DEPOT and how to request it?
- Which databases can I use?
- What is protected by copyright?
- Is software also protected by copyright?
- Must copyright be applied for?
- What is the duration of copyright?
- Someone has copied existing texts: is this allowed?
- What contract should you conclude with partners?
- How to manage and exploit intellectual property?
- How to draft a licensing agreement?
- How do I keep information confidential?
- What is a non-disclosure agreement?
- What is the difference between licensing/distribution/franchise contracts?
- What is the GDPR?
- What does the copyright income tax scheme cover?
5. Intellectual property collaborations and grants
- What grants are available for intellectual property?
- Am I eligible for the innovation deduction?
- What is an 'IP scan'?
- How can I set up a collaboration?
- Who can support me in this?
- I want to set up a start-up: how do I go about it?
You can't be present, but still have questions? Do not hesitate to register anyway, the event hybrid, so that you can still participate. Or contact us for free and no-obligation advice.
Even once you have started the process, you can get further assistance from our IP experts. Both SMEs and large companies from all sectors of the technology industry can seek Sirris's help with IP problems. Our services range from providing short simple advice to developing and supporting innovation processes.
In addition, Sirris's experts also specialise in looking up information on IP and how to use IP databases to extract information on techniques, competitors or markets.
Find out more about our IP expertise!