Dealing with complexity at the start of your circular projects
During this masterclass, we take the manufacturing companies with their own product design, production and sales as a starting point. We use this starting point to show how you can approach complexity from different perspectives: from the product portfolio and product design, from the operational processes, from the value chain and from the stakeholder perspective. Each of these views has its merits. To discover the value your company can unlock with circular projects, each of these perspectives helps.
Since we are all limited in budget and resources, it is very important to use them in the most focused way possible. On the other hand, we want to take concrete action as soon as possible and not get stuck in concepts or overly theoretical strategies. Therefore, we focus in the masterclass on methods that you can quickly put into circular practice and that reduce the risks associated with innovation and renewal step by step.
Attention: This masterclass will be given in Dutch!
What can you expect?
- A method to orient yourself in the complex environment aimed at finding value in the start-up of circular projects and product ideas.
- A framework to reduce uncertainties and risks step by step when starting circular projects and circular products.
- An interactive training that provides you with resources (tools, templates, method, soft skills) appropriate to your organisation.
- Guidance enabling you to make the method concrete for your company's individual trajectories and ambitions.
- Inspirational cases and practical examples from other manufacturing companies in the technology sector.
- Relevant literature (books and publications) on circular innovations and the approach.
09:00 - 10:25: Part 1 - Why circular value creation is complex and basic approach in complex environments
10:25 - 10:45: Pause
10:45 - 12:15: Part 2 - The actors and dimensions of circularity, and how they are connected
12:15 - 13:15: Lunch break
13:15 - 14:45: Part 3 - Identifying the value chain and detecting opportunities in complexity
14:45 - 15:05: Pause
15:05 - 16:30: Part 4 - Skills and tools for fast learning when setting up and building complex circular projects
After the sessions you will be able to
- translate the principles of the circular economy into value creation for your organisation
- obtain a broad picture of an ecosystem and find opportunities in it
- get started yourself to make your idea one step more concrete and to take steps forward with the most appropriate partners
- detect out of the complexity those elements that are key for your circular project
- have at your disposal a set of tools you can use in many of your future projects
- bring the circular economy one step closer
Thursday 20/10/2022 - 09:00 tot 16:00 & Tuesday 14/02/2023
This training course is meant for all organisations that want to make their activities, products or supply chains more sustainable and are still looking for the right strategy and approach. It is especially useful for entrepreneurs, product managers, product designers, R&D managers, ...
Does your company have an interesting case that you would like to see implemented?
Be sure to contact us
The participation fee for this masterclass is 1,230 euros. Thanks to the support of VLAIO in the framework of the Industry Partnership project, companies located in Flanders only pay 369 euros.
This programme is part of Industriepartnershap in which 17 Flemish innovation partners offer an integrated service to stimulate growth and innovation in the Flemish industry in the 3 following themes: Digitisation, Sustainability & Industry 4.0. They do so under the leadership of Agoria and Sirris and with the support of Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen.
Gaston Geenslaan 8